(1) The Association shall carry out its activity for the public benefit and cannot be transformed into a private benefit association.
(2) The Association’s object is to:
1. contribute to the achievement of modern health care in the sphere of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties, to defend the professional rights of physicians within the framework of its legal competence, to contribute to the attainment of favorable and modern conditions for labor and training of physicians in the sphere of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
2. contribute to the implementation of a health reform in the public’s interest and to the solving of the healthcare system problems;
3. contribute to the ongoing professional development of physicians with a medical specialty of oncology and oncology-related specialties and to the adequate valuation of the acquired professional qualification, to carry out activity for the purpose of applying acquired professional knowledge and practical skills in everyday professional practice;
4. contribute to the introduction, distribution, implementation and development of modern achievements in the sphere of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
5. carry out activities for the purpose of introducing internationally acknowledged principles and norms in the sphere of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties in the Republic of Bulgaria;
6. prepare offers for the introduction of international standards as well as for the introduction of internationally acknowledged quality control methods in the sphere of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
7. contribute to the endorsement of high professional criteria and professional ethics in the sphere of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
8. organize national and international activities;
9. organize thematic conferences and symposia;
10. protect the rights and interests of its members and of physicians within the framework of its legal competence, before all healthcare institutions as well as before other bodies, public and economic organizations;
11. carry out activities for the purpose of unifying the efforts of organizations and institutions for the elaboration of common positions, legislative initiatives, representation of common statements and undertaking joint action before the competent bodies and interested persons in the Republic of Bulgaria as well as before oncology partners in Europe and worldwide;
12. prepare projects statements for enactments, medical standards, good medical practice rules and guidelines, instructions, resolutions, etc. regarding its sphere of activity;
13. prepare and present before the competent authorities statements regarding the problems of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
14. undertake actions for the protection of its members in cases of infringements on the part of different bodies and organizations;
15. carry out joint activities with different bodies, institutions, natural and/or legal entities as well as with international organizations for the accomplishment of the object and purposes of the Association and for sponsorship and other conditions for partnership;
16. carry out international collaboration and partnership with affiliate organizations;
17. participate in projects concerning oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
18. carry out activities for the support of people with oncology diseases, their timely and high-quality diagnostics and treatment, protection of their rights, including their patient rights;
19. carry out all other activities not prohibited by the law, within the framework of its competence.
The Association shall support the effective activity of its members by:
a) informing its members and maintaining good coordination network;
b) accumulating and maintaining information funds for the operative legislation here and abroad and any other information in the activity sphere of the Association;
c) preparing and distributing scientific and information materials, maintaining contacts with the mass media;
d) making contacts and cooperating for the establishment of equal and loyal relations with state bodies and public organizations.
Basic goals of the Association and means for their achievement
(1). The basic goals of the Association are:
1. Raising the prestige of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
2. Development of high standards in oncology and oncology-related medical specialties
3. Development of programs and projects for the advancement of the professional level of its members;
4. Assisting in the development of new methods in the sphere of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
5. Collaboration of the Association and its members with affiliate organizations abroad – for the fastest transfer of the achievements of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties to the Republic of Bulgaria;
6. Development of international activity and establishment of international contacts with other organizations in the country and abroad;
7. Assisting in the preservation and improvement of the qualification of physicians with the medical specialty of oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
8. Protection of the rights and interests of the Association’s members and establishment of loyal relations between them;
9. Assisting in the development and update of standards and quality evaluation in the sphere of its activity.
(2) With the intention of accomplishing its goals, the Association shall use all means not prohibited by the law, including to:
1. collect and distribute means for the accomplishment of the Association’s goals;
2. organize meetings, education courses, seminars, lectures, conferences and other public activities with reference to oncology and oncology-related medical specialties;
3. develop information products and materials related to the accomplishment of the Association’s goals;
4. collaborate with state and municipal authorities, institutions and structures for the accomplishment of its goals;
5. make public its activities through the mass media;
6. carry out joint activity with affiliate organizations here and abroad.
(3) The Association is a legal entity, which shall come into existence on the day of its registration.